Halal food industry is the major contributor to the global halal market which constitutes of 60% of overall halal products. Being the basic requirements for Muslim daily consumption, halal food is regarded as necessity and the most important halal sector. It includes primary meat, processed goods, bakery food confectionary, with processed goods contributing to 35% of the total.
It is imperative for the halal food industry to understand the halal certification requirements throughout halal food chain. It covers from farm, raw material processing and handling, unit of operations processing, additive and ingredient processing and handling, packaging, storage, transportation and distribution.
- MS1514:2009 - Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) For Food (First Revision)
- MS1500:2009 - Halal Food - Production, Preparation, Handling And Storage - General Guidelines (Second Revision)
- MS 2565:2014 - Halal Packaging - General Guidelines
- Malaysian Halal Certification Manual Procedure 2014
- Fatwa Muzakarah Jawatankuasa Fatwa Majlis Kebangsaan Bagi Hal Ehwal Ugama Islam Malaysia (MKI)