The principles of shariah requirements for cosmetics are similar as to with other halal sectors. The technical and regulatory requirements, on the other hand, differ due to industry specific requirements. Integrity of halal cosmetics products lies heavily on the effectiveness of its quality management system of halalan-toyyiban pipeline. It is imperative to control the halal critical control points throughout the manufacturing process. Thus, while safety and quality control dictates the toyyiban requirements for halal cosmetics, choice of ingredients used and the manufacturing process will be the main criteria for shariah requirements.
- MS2200: Part 1: 2008 - Islamic Consumer Goods - Part 1: Cosmetic and Personal Care - General Guidelines
- MS2200: Part 2: 2013 - Islamic Consumer Goods - Part 2: Usage ff Animal Bone, Skin And Hair – General Guidelines
- MS 2565:2014 - Halal Packaging - General Guidelines
- Malaysian Halal Certification Manual Procedure 2014 (3rd Revision)
- Fatwa Muzakarah Jawatankuasa Fatwa Majlis Kebangsaan Bagi Hal Ehwal Ugama Islam Malaysia (MKI)